Product Images

    • Children’s Services thumbnail image 1
      Children’s Services

          Our Children’s Service offers an independent voice to children and young people, to assist them in resolving issues relating to their welfare, care and circumstances. The service actively represents children and young people involved in child protection conferences on an opt-out basis.

          We provide visiting advocacy support at:

          • Strut House
          • Eastgate
          • Haven Cottage
          • 33 Northholme
          • The Beacon
          • Albion Street

          Children and Young People’s Advocacy in Lincolnshire is provided by Barnardo’s, part of the Total Voice Partnership.

            Details Part numbers Unit Price Qty

            Advocacy & Rights

            Advocacy & Children’s Rights

            The Children and Young People’s advocacy service gives a voice to children and young people across (and cared for by) Lincolnshire.

            This service is led by you, is confidential, and can help you to access services that are right for you or solve issues that might be affecting your care. Your advocate is there to make sure your views are heard and to be on your side.

            Who can get an advocate?

            You may be able to get an independent advocate if you are a child or young person and you are using Children’s services within Lincolnshire County Council (LCC). You may also be able to get an advocate if you are entitled to use council services. This might include you, if the council feels that you are at risk of harm or, if you have issues or complaints about the services you currently use.

            When might you want an advocate?

            You can ask to speak with advocate if you:

            • Have serious concerns about the care you are getting
            • Want to be more involved in decisions being made about you and your future
            • Want to fight decisions being made about you
            • Want to make a complaint

            You will be offered an advocate if you are subject to Child Protection issues. This is an ‘opt-out’ service. This means that it is your choice if you want to speak to the advocate.


            Care and Support Advocacy

            Changes brought in by the Care Act means that any decisions about your care will consider your well-being and what is important to you so that you can stay healthy and remain as independent as possible. To do this, it is important for you to be fully involved in decisions about your care and support needs.

            Are you eligible for care and support advocacy?

            You may be eligible to get an advocate if you do not have any friends or family to support you and you will find it very hard to:

            • Understand what is happening and the choices that you have
            • Decide what care and support you need
            • Tell people what you want

            Advocacy will be available during:

            • Your care and support needs assessment
            • Your care and support planning
            • Your care and support reviews
            • And for any safeguarding processes – if someone thinks that you may be unsafe or at risk of harm.

            Advocacy is available if you live at home, in a care home or hospital, or if you are in prison.

            You may also be eligible for advocacy if you are a carer of an adult or a carer of a child in transition.

            How to get care and support advocacy

            If you meet the eligibility requirements, you will need to be referred to our service by your local council – adult social services – or other organisations employed by the council to make referrals.

            If you want to understand more about the service and who is eligible, please do contact us and talk to a member of the team.

            Are you looking for information for a friend or relative?

            Some people find making decisions about health and care needs very difficult. The Care Act gives the right for eligible people to get an independent advocate them to help them:

            • understand the care and support process
            • be actively involved in discussions and make their own decisions about their care and support needs
            • challenge plans made if they do not take account of the person’s wishes or feelings.

            Independent advocacy is available for people who do not have any friends or family (an appropriate individual) available to support and facilitate their active involvement in their own care and support process.

            People who are already providing paid-for care will not be able to support the person in this role.

            Your local council will be able to talk to you about what friends and family members can do to support someone fully within their care and support process.

            In some cases, a person may be entitled to an independent advocate as well as a family member or friend. This is when:

            • Someone has been placed in a hospital for over 4 weeks or a care home for over 8 weeks and the local council agrees that it would be in the person’s best interest to have an advocate
            • There is a disagreement between the local council and the friend or relative who is support a person in their care process and both parties agree it would be beneficial for the person to get an advocate.